Office for Standards in Education (Ofsted)
The first short inspection of Blue Coat was carried out on 30 January 2018. The previous inspection took place in 2014 where Ofsted judged the school to be GOOD in all aspects of Leadership & Management, Behaviour & Safety of Pupils, Quality of Teaching, Achievement of Pupils and Sixth Form Provision.
Following the latest inspection Ofsted says “This school continues to be good“.
Please click here for a copy of the full report from Ofsted. General comments from Ofsted on what makes Blue Coat a GOOD school are listed below:
- The leadership team has maintained the good quality of education in the school since the last inspection.
- Created an inclusive and purposeful environment.
- Blue Coat is a ‘welcoming school’
- Pupils enjoy school.
- Staff are proud of the school.
- There is a culture that encourages calm and orderly conduct and is aspirational for all pupils.
Statutory Inspection of Anglican and Methodist Schools (SIAMS)
In September 2015 Blue Coat was inspected by the Anglican and Methodist Schools’ monitoring team (SIAMS) and was judged to be OUTSTANDING. The principal objective of the visit was to evaluate the distinctiveness and effectiveness of Blue Coat as a Church of England establishment.
Please click here for a copy of the full report from SIAMS.