“Safety is outstanding because the academy ensures that students are safe, and students say they feel very safe”
Ofsted September 2014
“The staff make every possible effort to improve the life chances of students.”
SIAMS September 2015
We consider the care, guidance and support of our pupils to be of central importance if their time at Blue Coat is to be successful.
• Checking and signing student planners weekly
• Attending the yearly Parents’ Evenings
In return we will:
• Inform you on three occasions a year about how your child is progressing against their targets for the year
• Complete a yearly progress report for every subject
• Meet with you formally at least once a year at Parents’ Evening
• Recognise and publicise the best achievements of individual students, form groups and colleges
• Maintain high standards of learning in a positive and supportive environment
The Academy gives recognition to all forms of achievement and service in a variety of ways.
• Post cards home. Awarded by Heads of College for excellent work, effort and service to the Academy or community.
• Principal Commendations awarded by the Principal for exceptional achievement, progress or effort.
• Department Commendations awarded by departments for exceptional achievement or effort
• A variety of Sports and Performing Arts awards given for exceptional achievement both in and out of the Academy
• Attendance Awards.
• Extra curricular reward trips eg Go Karting
In addition Prize Evenings are held in July and November and students are chosen to receive a variety of awards reflecting their performance both in the curriculum, in extra curricular activities and service to others.