“Pupils’ well-being is at the heart of your work”
Ofsted January 2018
“Blue Coat is a ‘welcoming school’. Pupils enjoy school. Staff are proud of the school. They believe that there is a culture that encourages calm and orderly conduct and is aspirational for all pupils. Ofsted January 2018
“The staff make every possible effort to improve the life chances of students.”
SIAMS September 2015
We consider the care, guidance and support of our pupils to be of central importance if their time at Blue Coat is to be successful.
Form tutors work with students and parents/carers to manage every child’s progress and welfare throughout their time in the Academy . The form tutor is the most important contact between home and the Academy.
We encourage all parents/carers to become actively involved in their child’s education and to support the Academy by:
- Monitoring homework using Show My Homework
- Attending the yearly Parents’ Evenings
In return we will:
- Inform you on three occasions a year about how your child is progressing against their targets for the year
- Meet with you formally at least once a year at Parents’ Evening
- Recognise and publicise the best achievements of individual students and form groups
- Maintain high standards of learning in a positive and supportive environment
This year we have also changed our rewards system. A wider range of rewards are now in places, which are designed to acknowledge academic achievement and progress, positive behaviour and contribution to the life of the school. The new Carrot Reward System allows students to gain positive reward points in lessons and then use them to purchase items from the school online shop. All students have individual access to their own rewards portal and this will allow parents to see the rewards they have gained within school.
The Academy also gives recognition to all forms of achievement and service in a variety of other ways.
- Postcards home. Awarded by Heads of Year for excellent work, effort and service to the Academy or community.
- Principal’s Awards presented by the Principal for exceptional achievement, progress or effort.
- Department prizes awarded by departments for exceptional achievement or effort.
- Attendance Awards.
- Extra curricular reward trips.
In addition Prize Evenings are held in July and November and students are chosen to receive a variety of awards reflecting their performance both in the curriculum, in extra curricular activities and service to others.